ADT International Choreographic Centre
News from the Tanja Liedtke Studio
Recently in Australian Dance Theatre’s home, The Odeon in the Tanja Liedtke Studio:
- The ADT Youth Ensemble have been working with physical theatre artist Paulo Castro, developing a new work which was performed at the Art Gallery of South Australia.
- ADT dancers and independent artists have been working in the studio, exploring and developing their ideas for ADT’s annual event Rough Draft – an opportunity for local independent dance and physical theatre makers to present their work to an audience in the early stages of creative development. This year twelve artists will present in the program.
- Current ADT Secondment Mirka Vlachou has been working with the ADT dancers in the studio, learning choreography from Garry Stewart’s The Beginning of Nature.
- The Australian Centre for Performing Arts held their SACE Dance Performance final assessments with a full audience.
- Renowned BBOY PoeOne held a breaking (break-dancing) class with 12 young dancers.
- Australian Dance Theatre held its regular public dance class program with classes in Ballet, Contemporary, Hip Hop and Jazz.